Monday, June 4, 2018

Day 7 - Rock Garden Campground, Richer, MB

We woke to a cool but gorgeous sunny day. After taking the dogs for a long walk we broke camp and were on the road at 8:45. We all needed diesel/gas so we made a quick stop in Dryden which is 15 minutes down the road. Susan, Kathy, and Bev all went grocery shopping while Bob, Ted, and I filled the tanks. Today we are driving a distance of 196 miles or 314 kms. Much of the terrain has changed from up and down hills, around sharp curves to rolling hills and flatter landscape.
Susan managed to snap a picture of a really cool totem pole as we were driving by.
We stopped for lunch at the abandoned Ontario travel center near the Manitoba boundary. It was still open as a rest stop but nothing else.
Finally the time has come, we are out of Ontario and now in Manitoba. Yeah. Don’t get me wrong I love Ontario but it is one huge province.
Before going to the campground for the night we fueled up then went across the road for ice cream. It was a pretty cool place with lots of wood carvings outside.
The campground wasn’t the greatest but it worked for one night. After supper I took the dogs for a walk along the trail. We were halfway around and I found a tick on my pants. Then I found one on Calusa. After I got back I did a tick check on the dogs and myself. I found another one on the couch where I was sitting. I’m not doing that trail again. Terrible little critters. 

No comments:

Post a Comment