Saturday, June 2, 2018

Day 5 - Stillwater Park Campground, Nipigon ON

Yes, we are still in Ontario and will be for a couple more days. Some people have no idea how large this province is until they drive it themselves. The last time I did this drive was when I moved from BC back to Ontario to do my nurses training. Now that's a long time ago.

Today the drive is from Wawa, ON to Nipigon, ON a distance of 364 kms or 226 miles. That doesn't seem like a long drive but it is when you are going up and down hills and around shape curves. You have to remember there are at the very least a million transport trucks flying by. And who ever thought Ontario wasn't hilly is... wrong.

We are going slow enough to enjoy the scenery but not to slow to hold up traffic. Yes that's me enjoying the view. Susan caught me sightseeing.
The next picture was taken just after a sharp curve in the road and a long uphill for us. The sign on the side of the road is telling drivers to move over. There was a crash that happened earlier in the day...a transport truck lost control.
One of many areas of road work that goes on in Northern Ontario when the weather turns nicer. Thought I would do something funky with this picture. Turned out okay.
We finally arrived at Stillwater RV Park about an hour later than anticipated. Well, let me tell you the story. We left Wawa Campground and stopped about an hour later to fuel up. I went in to pay with wallet in hand, came back out, we all got in the truck and away we go. Ten minutes down the road we were pulled over looking for my wallet. Couldn't find it. Basically we took everything out of the truck but to no avail. Back we go while the others continued on. Nothing they could do. Got back to the gas station, asked if anyone found a wallet...NOPE! I won't tell you what I was thinking. Anyway we pulled the inside of the truck apart again, and just as we were ready to give up, I spotted something by the seat...Yeah it was my wallet. Susan and I had looked there and both swore it was not in the truck. Anyway all is well, I found my wallet and Susan has control of it. I will let her think that. LOL!  We caught up to the others and all had a good laugh at beer thirty when we told the story.

Later, a few of us with dogs in toe went for a walk along their hiking trail. Some trail, first we almost had to cut through all the brush, and second we sort of got lost. We finally made it back then realized we were not on the hiking trail at all. We did manage to come across a great vehicle. Bob thinks it pre 1950. I don't know but I bet my brother-in-law would.

No comments:

Post a Comment