Sunday, June 3, 2018

Day 6 - Wabigoon RV Park, Wabigoon, ON

It was not the nicest of days to wake up to. It was cool (46F),  rainy, and miserable. However, if you have to get somewhere I would rather drive in the rain and enjoy the sun another day when we don't have to drive. Our destination is Wabigoon Lake RV Park a distance of 421 kms or 262 miles. Yes we are still in Ontario.
We had to break camp in this weather. Even with my slicker on I was soaked. Oh well I really don't mind.

I had to fuel up so the others left just behind me. Precious will catch them in no time. For those who don't know Precious is my truck. Yes, Susan gave me my credit card and not my wallet, sent me on my way and said don't lose it. ha!ha! Funny girl.

Each night we discuss the route and also the final destination so everyone is on the same page. Our route takes us around Thunder Bay on the 102 by-pass then we connect back up with the TCH 17. Or that's what I thought. Anyway, Ted and Bev are in the front, Bob and Kathy are next, then us. Everything is going as smooth as silk. We get to the 102 by-pass, Ted goes straight Bob follows and I stop before the cut-off. I get on my walkie-talkie and announce "guys aren't we suppose to take the cut-off. Bob says yes no answer from Ted. I go right, Bob goes right, and poor Ted is oblivious that we have turned. We pull into the Walmart and wait still no Ted. Susan and Kathy do some shopping. I take the dogs for a walk and Bob tries Ted by phone. No answer. They know our final destination lets go.

It's still ugly and rainy out. We did manage to see a moose and her two calves feeding back in the marshy area. We also went through a time zone change. We are now on central time gaining an hour.

We pull into the park and who arrived just before we did but Ted and Bev. The moral of the story is Ted decided to change the plans on the fly but neglected to tell everyone. Oh well, all is good we are safe. It's a great park with W/E/S and fantastic WiFi. The only downside is we are sandwiched between the TCH and the railroad tracks. However, the traffic and trains didn't seem to run in the wee hours of the night.

I talked to the owner and they grow all their own vegetables. This garden was huge. 
Wabigoon Lake is just behind the campground and filled with fish. There were a few ducks on the lake but too far away to tell what they were.
Fish Cleaning Hut by the Lake
Just as I was walking back to the rig a bald eagle flew over with a fish in it's talon and two crows chasing it. Nice

No comments:

Post a Comment