Tuesday, August 14, 2018

Day 79 - Portage La Prairie, MB

I woke to a heavy fog and no visible sun. By the time Susan got up and all the dogs were fed, the fog had already started to lift. Yea I really didn't feel like driving in fog. We got going shortly after 7 am under a beautiful sunny sky with not a cloud to be seen. As we continued down the road there was an ominous looking cloud way off in the distance. My spidy sense tells me it's fog. Living in Saskatchewan many moons ago I have seen this before. Sure enough it's fog. It's almost freaky.
Within no time we were right in the middle of this very heavy fog, no sun now. Actually, we couldn't see more than a few feet in front of us. Transport trucks were right beside us before we could see them. It lasted for over an hour then the skies opened up and it was beautiful blue sky again. Like I said before Freaky!

We drove through several little towns before I quickly pulled over at a local subway and told Susan I was starved. We were in the town of Langenburg, Sk. population 1,000. Now what does this town have that no other has. Just the worlds largest swing named fittingly "Goliath". They also have a volkswagen planters.
What a fun town. We continued on our way reaching our next destination of Portage La Prairie. We had to go into town for some groceries, ice, and diesel. Portage is not a big town but it has everything you need or want. Canadian Tire, Walmart, grocery stores, restaurants, and so on. You get the picture. We got what we needed then headed back to the campground. I took the dogs for a long walk around the park and a beautiful one it is. Seasonals really take pride in their properties at this campground.  

No comments:

Post a Comment