Sunday, August 12, 2018

Day 77 - Lloydminister, AB

The day started off real lousy. It had poured rain all night and was still raining this morning. The only good thing was I didn't have to hook up the truck it was already done. We broke camp and left later than normal...9 bells. It's Susan's birthday today so she got to sleep in and I gave her coffee in bed. Then I told her to move her butt because it was another travelling day.

Once we were on the road we were driving through a major downpour. So much so, I had to slow right down and put my four way flashers on. Eventually the rained slowed. We arrived in Lloydminister, AB our next stop and the sun was shining. I quickly set up camp, detached the truck, and told Susan not to make supper because we are going out for her birthday. She is always happy when she doesn't have to cook. We went to a place called The Canadian Brewhouse. The food was fantastic.

Something real funny happened while we were sitting there eating our meal. Both of us were watching something different on the TVs they had. She was watching golf, I was watching football. We both realized that we had not watched TV in almost 3 months and we hadn't missed it until now. We managed to pull ourselves away and headed home. I took the dogs for a nice walk while Susan did some laundry. Eventually we called it a day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment