Thursday, August 9, 2018

Day 74 - Prince George, BC

We were all up at the crack of dawn and out the door by 7 bells. Not sure why, it's probably because we had a great nights sleep. The weather was perfect not too hot not to cold (never to cold).

The trip to Prince George was uneventful with one exception, we were seeing wildfire smoke again. Not bad but definitely visible. We arrived at the campground only to find the caravan leader had pulled in just before us. That's okay, this is their last stop we won't see them again after this.

I got my campsight, started setting up when all of a sudden a monstrous motorhome was literally dragging a car down the road behind it. I yelled, she stopped, cars okay, and life goes on. Not sure what happened. I think her friend put it in gear while she was checked in. Yes, it was the caravan leader.

I finished setting up, then went into town to the Dodge Ram dealer. It was oil change time. So I go through their quick lube, ask for synthetic oil, lube, filter, and fuel filter. He said it would take about 45 minutes. I thought to myself, yea right. Sure enough 45 minutes later everything was done plus they vacuumed the inside and gave me a complimentary deluxe car wash. Maybe they felt sorry for Precious (my truck). Now that's service.

I drove back picked up Susan then went to the grocery store to do some much needed shopping. Can't get much...no fridge remember. We were back at the campground having an early supper when I noticed the wildfire smoke getting really heavy. By the time we went to bed you couldn't even breath outside. My nice clean truck was covered in wildfire ash. Lets hope tomorrow is better.

No comments:

Post a Comment