Saturday, August 11, 2018

Day 76 - Edmonton, AB

These days it seems to be all about the driving from one campground to another. Not what I really wanted to do. When there is so much smoke in the air it just makes it less enjoyable to be outdoors and more sense to drive out of it.

I have never been in Jasper before, so this is going to be a first. The drive was great no real hills or valleys and the road was absent of potholes. Nice.

If I have learned anything from my travels in the Yukon and Alaska its when you see cars on the side of the road you slow down because you know there will be wildlife. Sure enough, there he was a big male elk on the side of the road just minding his own business. You can see the smoke in the background.

We watched as he trotted along side our truck and fifth wheel only to continue on down the road. People were following him.What a nice sighting.

Continuing on down the road through Jasper, we spot female Bighorn sheep and their young. Again, people were being stupid by going right up to them. I stayed in the truck and got great pictures.
We arrived in Edmonton set up camp, then I took the dogs for a long, long walk. Thankfully there was no wildfire smoke in the air. I can breath again, yea. 

No comments:

Post a Comment