Tuesday, November 8, 2016

RV Park Scoop - New Green Acres RV Park

Our third day of travel found us leaving the I-81 only to continue down the I-77 into North Carolina. We travelled through Charlotte, NC and around Columbia, SC where we left the I-77 to join up with the I-26. This is where we caught our first glimpse of the wind damage caused by Hurricane Matthew. Massive trees uprooted like popsicle sticks. Large branches that were once on the highway now lay along the roadside awaiting to be cut up for firewood. We couldn't help but wonder what it was truly like when the storm hit. We could only imagine.

As we continued, we turned onto the I-95 south where the drive went as smooth as a babies bum. We arrived at New Green Acres RV Park in Walterboro SC shortly after 2 pm. This blog is basically a review of the park. I have no pictures to post. Oh snap, forgot my camera while going for a walk.

First impressions, not a destination campground but definitely a good stopover for one night. Being just off the I-95 we had to deal with highway noise throughout our stay. Our site was a pull-thru with water/50 amp electric/sewer/cable/free wifi all for $32. Not bad at all.

Half the park were seasonals while the other half were over- nighters. Many of the seasonals were in much need of some TLC. Shortly after we arrived it was a constant stream of RVs coming in for the night. The park has a total of 106 sites, more than half were full by nightfall. All the sites were grass and sand which made it very dusty each time someone drove by. Stuart's nice white paws were gray by the time he finished his walk.  

Not sure of what we wanted for supper, I suggested to Susan that Cracker Barrel was just around the corner. She had her shoes on and was out the door before I changed my mind. We both decided on the roast beef dinner. The food was fantastic. It did not let us down. While we were unhooked we got diesel in downtown Walterboro. So far it's the cheapest @ $2.24 per gallon. Not sure what gas was. Anyway, now we're ready to hit the road in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment