Thursday, November 17, 2016

New Arrivals

Well, I guess I have left some of you in suspense long enough. That was never my intention but you will know why shortly. We arrived Wednesday and Thursday morning we drove to Naples. I still haven't told Susan where we are going. She thinks shopping, well sort of. We arrive at the mall location of the Naples Humane Society and Susan figures it out. This whole time I'm asking myself why are we here. Lulu's death is still fresh. I miss her everyday. 

Walking in our eyes were drawn to 1 blonde and 4 black bouncing puppies. OMG! We watch them for a few minutes and immediately my eyes focus in on the smallest one. I ask if I could hold her. So, we make our way to the corral area and they bring her out. Another OMG! Puppy breath I forgot how wonderful it smells. This little girls name is Charlotte. 

After a couple minutes I ask if they have another girl and they do. They bring her out another OMG! This ones name is Calusa and she is bigger. So Susan has one, I have the other, now the dilemma begins. By this time we know that we are going home or rescuing a puppy but which one. Surprise, we can't decide so we take both. Yes both. I look at Susan and say "are we nuts" and her answer is yes. Here are the new arrivals to our family. They are 10 weeks in these pictures. I loved the names so we didn't change them.
Charlotte
Calusa








  






Here's a little history as to how they got to the Naples Humane Society. Mama was rescued from the streets of Labelle, Fl. They tell me she is a Chihuahua. Dad is anyone's guess but they figure he was a Dachshund. That makes these girls chi-weenies. Mama gave birth while in foster care. Unfortunately mama was found eating a cane toad which are very poisonous. Puppies had to be weaned immediately. Mama luckily survived the ordeal but was sick for a long time. These puppies had to be hand raised for a considerable time. We didn't realize until afterwards but when we walked into the mall on Thursday they had just gone up for adoption. How lucky are we. I found out later all the pups were rescued by the end of the day.

So we've had the pups for one week and my life has changed. It's all about the pups right now. I won't have any interesting places to blog about in the next couple of months. If you've ever had a pup you will understand why. Now double that trouble. They are so much fun.We have already cancelled our 2 weeks in the keys opting to stay put in Bonita. Again stay tuned for puppy updates and Stuart. Oh, we can't forget about a Stuart. I think these puppies are good for him. He was in a funk after Lulu died but now he's playing and tolerating them just fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment