Thursday, April 23, 2015

RV Park Scoop-River Park RV Park, Valdosta Georgia

Our next overnight destination was River Park RV Park in Valdosta, Georgia. Here is my review or scoop on the park. The park is just off 1-75 at exit 18 in Valdosta, Georgia.  I chose this park because of its easy off easy on access to the highway. I hate venturing miles and miles away from the highway for just an overnight stop. Many KOA parks are like that and I guess that’s why we don’t stay at them.

We called ahead to make sure they had a site and sure enough they did. However, the woman was unsure as to where she was going to put us. Upon arrival the park looked virtually empty. Not sure what she was thinking. Oh well, she was not the most friendly person on the block. She gave me the entire rundown of do’s and don’ts which took a good 5 minutes. I almost felt like asking “can I go now”.
The Office
All interior roads are paved and in great shape. The sites are all paved but very very narrow. It was tough trying to get all four tires of the rig on the site. One side was on the other was off and sloping downhill. It took a few tries but we finally got it.  We also had the only site with overhanging tree limbs. What a pain….
Our site...with overhanging branches
All services (water, electric 30/50 amp, and sewer) were within easy reach of the rig. Cable TV was provided at no extra cost and worked great. I think we got close to 65 cable stations. The park also provided free Wi-Fi and I have to admit it was the best park internet I have seen.


 After we set up I went for a walk around the park. This is not a destination park although there seems to be a lot of permanent people here from out-of-state. At the back of the park is a large pooch park and the only bathroom/laundry room. The laundry room was clean as was the bathroom and shower area. The scary thing about the bathroom was the rat running along the floor when I walked in. Not good!
Pooch Park...I-75 in the background
Laundry Room
Bathrooms/showers..rat included











The park was very clean with lots of tree. Of course like every park their are trailers and then their are trailers.
Hard times 
Pretty park
Nice gardens
Because the park was close to the I-75 there was a lot of traffic noise. It did quieten down much later at night. Would I stay here again, probably! In saying that, there are other parks just north of Valdosta that look as good.

No comments:

Post a Comment