Friday, April 24, 2015

RV Park Scoop - Harvest Moon RV Park (Adairsville, Georgia)

Getting an early start is essential for us when travelling home. However, we are not the type of people that get up at 4 am and on the road at 4:15. We’ve all seen it. Most mornings I’m up at 5 making coffee, doing a few chores around the rig, and then I sit and enjoy the sunrise.

Our days drive was pretty much unremarkable. This year we decided to take the 285 around Atlanta instead of going right through it. That proved to be a wise choice. Not that we weren’t up for the challenge, you know me I’m always up for an experience. We have driven through Atlanta twice before and really didn’t care for it or should I say the drivers. Going around is maybe 10 miles longer but proves faster since there are no slowdowns.

People always ask me where I stop for diesel. Most RVers know that you just can’t pull into any gas station but non RVers don’t realize this. I usually hit the Flying J’s or Pilots. Where ever I see transport trucks getting diesel that’s where I can go. Then you have to watch the drivers pulling into the station as you’re pulling out because you know they are going to cut you off as they jockey for position to get gas. Sure enough Susan just got the words out of her mouth and someone cut me off. People, do you not realize I’m bigger than you are! Obviously not! Anyway we are back on the road again no harm no foul.

This trip home we are living dangerously. Why! Well, we decided not to make any reservations ahead of time just in case we wanted to travel at little further. Generally our rule of thumb on travel days is around 300 miles give or take. Our destination Harvest Moon RV Park is just over that mark. We have been here before and I have blogged/scooped on this campground so I won’t bore you again. I will say that nothing has changed since we were here last. We chose a pull-thru with 50 amp. Cable and Wi-Fi is included in the price which had a Good Sam’s discount. Cable worked great, Wi-Fi not at all. All in all a great park about a mile from the highway. We would definitely stay here again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment