Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Tire Problems...Again

It doesn't matter if your a fulltime or part time Rver you can relate to this story. One of the many things I check before hitting the road whether it be for 50 miles or 300 miles are the tires. Leaving Buckskin Mountain was no different all seemed okay. However, I did notice some wear on one of my tires. We arrived at Indian Waters set everything up and two days later I realized I hadn't recheck that tire. Oh snap or a few other choice words which I will leave to your imagination. The outer edge was bald. I looked at all the other tires and they were fine, no signs of wear.
OMG
After making several phone calls I find the tire I want but it's 45 miles away. Now I have to take the tire off. This is where I say Thank-you Bill. During the summer my friend Bill showed me how to change a tire and the equipment I needed. So, I went out bought all the stuff thinking I won't need to use it but now I have it just in case. Well did that come back to bite me in the a...
Loosing the nuts before I jack it up
Eight ton jack in place
Jacking it up
Still all smiles
The bald tire
When I got to Fred's Tire in Yucca Valley the owner (Corey) explained to me the excess wear was due to a separation issue where the inner belt came away from the tire. I was in and out within 15 minutes and the whole time Corey gave me a lesson on tires.
New tire in place...it's pretty
Again Thank-you Bill for taking the time to teach me.


No comments:

Post a Comment