Sunday, August 20, 2023

Day 8 & 9 Amqui, Quebec

Length of Stay: 2 nights
Visited: 19-20 August 2023


The drive to Camping Amqui was pretty much unremarkable with the exception of the road being in really really bad shape. I thought I lost the truck and rig in one pothole. Holy Moly!!! We arrived at the campground early checked in and were told we couldn't get onto our site until 2pm. It's now 12:30. We park in the parking lot, get the dogs out and go for a walk. We passed our soon to be site, no one was on it so we asked again if we could check in early. I told them I didn't mind paying an extra fee. No worries they let us on early, no charge. I thanked them and proceeded to our site. We got all setup time to relax. 
This campground is family friendly with lots of things for kids to do. This is just a stopover for us for 2 nights while we restock the fridge, do some laundry, and recharge.

During the night it poured rain and I mean poured. Everything was sooooo wet in the morning. After shopping & laundry the final job was getting diesel. The average price is $1.94 per liter for diesel, that hurts.

Again that night it poured rain this time even harder. I didn't think that was possible. My morning it stopped and the sun came out. We packed up, took the dogs for a walk, and on the road by 10:15.

No comments:

Post a Comment