Friday, September 8, 2023

Day 27 & 28 - Matane, Quebec

We left Grande Vallee around 10 am yesterday and it was a beautiful day but we could see the fog starting to roll in. No sooner were we on the road a grouse ran out in front of the truck...well you know what happened. I almost puked. As we continued along, the hills got less hilly and the roads got more bumpier. We stopped numerous times for the dogs... and us. Shortly after getting on the road after a short rest I saw someone flashing their lights behind me. This can't be good. I was able to pull over at another roadside area only to see my bike hanging off the back being dragged down the road. All I could do is laugh...I'm sure the guy thought I was nuts. Anyway the bike rack broke causing the bike to fall off. We put the bike inside the rig, thanked the gentleman, and continued on our way. What doesn't kill ya makes you stronger...again thankyou Kelly Clarkson. My new motto! Not allot of damage but enough.
We arrived in Matane got checked into our campsite unhooked the truck and went into town for some much needed groceries. We decided to stay 2 nights hoping today would be better...not. It rained all night with thunder and lightning, Brownie screamed  during the night in pain, Susan sat up in the chair half the night with him, and worst of all I messed up the morning coffee. Ugh!
 
The weather is not cooperating these last few days. With more rain on the way we just hunker down and again supply our bodies with some much needed R&R.
The town of Matane is barely visible in the distance. The ferry dock is also down there somewhere.
Leaving tomorrow then two more stops before we get home. Vet appointment scheduled for Wednesday. Lets hope we can get to the bottom of Brownie's pain.

No comments:

Post a Comment