Saturday, August 19, 2017

Algonquin Provincial Park

As we sat around the campfire last year with our good friends Kathy & Bob (and an adult beverage) the discussion always leads to where are we camping together next summer. Yes, we always plan a year in advance. Why, as the activity director (LOL) I have to book the campsites and I also have to plan all the fun things we are going to do. Don't get me wrong, I love doing it.  The only stipulations in choosing a place are, it has to be a provincial or national park, we have to have electricity, and it has to have hot showers. We don't want to be roughing it to much.

So, last year we decided on 10 days in Algonquin Provincial Park. With all my travels throughout Ontario, can you believe I have never been to Algonquin. I'm so stoked. For us it's about a 5 1/2 hour drive through Toronto and all the traffic that comes with it. So I was thinking, if our site was open a day early why not go Sunday and beat the morning rush hour traffic which seems to last until the evening rush hour traffic. Low and behold it's available, I booked it then told Susan we are going a day early. Surprise!!!!

The RV is all packed, everything is in order, I reminded my boss I was leaving Sunday for 11 days, and Precious is ready to hit the road again. Algonquin here we come.

No comments:

Post a Comment