Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Goodbye Bonita Hello North Florida

After 2 fabulous weeks in Bonita we said our goodbyes not really knowing when we would be back. It's always sad to leave such great people but this is a travelling year for us. So new adventures here we come. Beside our great friends Dave & Marilyn will be using the place for 3 months in our absence. I call this a win, win situation all around.

As we make our way to the north of Florida we are noticing the temperature gauge going down. We started in the high 70's at 9:30 with the air conditioning on now it's 65 at 11:00. Susan is not happy.

Our overnight stop is Lee's Country Campground just off the I-75 and a few miles from the I-10. We've used this campground before for it's convenience. As I stepped out of the truck in my shorts and t-shirt donning a SW Florida tan I was hit with a blast of cold winter air. OMG I'm lovin' it. I get a not so happy look from Susan and a very strange look from the owners. Oh, did I forget to say it's 46 degree. Finally nice cool days and nights, from air to furnace.

This campground is not a destination resort but a great stopover on our way west. It has all the necessary amenities, 30/50 amp service, water, and for a dollar more you can have sewer. Their is no over the air TV stations but I'm sure you could get satellite. After talking to the owner the campground is up for sale and unless they sell it, it will close in January 2014.
The office
The only real issue I see with this campground is the frontage road. It's called Thunder Road and the name says it all. The traffic noise can get pretty bad at time. People seem to race down the road at all times of the day and night. However it is a pretty little place.
Pretty campground close to Thunder Road

No comments:

Post a Comment